Saturday, December 5, 2009

12 days

This is all kind of re-rediculous-diculous!  In exactly one week I will be graduating from college.  In exactly 12 days I will be on my way to Ghana.  I can hardly control my eagerness, anxiousness, and excitement.  These last days and moments before I leave are filled with many mixed emotions ranging from complete and utter excitement and downright anxiety.  What should I bring?  How much money do I need?  Do I have all of my shots?  How am I going to handle being gone so long?
This is just downright crazy.

I have been receiving emails from volunteers who I will be working with, and everyone seems extremely nice.  This is putting me at ease and helping to ground me and remind me of all the amazing opportunities that I have.  These volunteers will become my family.  They will be sitting around the table with me each day, they will celebrate Christmas and my birthday with me, we will discuss our hopes and our dreams, as well as our hardships and discouragement.  

Opportunities like this really help you to cherish each moment.  I am making an effort to appreciate each moment and each opportunity.  To take some time to really soak in everything around me and enjoy the company of my loved ones.  

All in all, I feel like the anticipation is going to kill me.  I really cannot believe that this is happening.  In just 12 days, I will take off into the sky and land in an entirely different and incredibly beautiful place, which will be my home and house my family for the next four months.

I love you.
I love life.

Maureen

1 comment:

  1. i love you and i just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job of getting ready and seeing all your friends and family before you get outta here on your amazing journey. i cant wait to follow your blog and skype and write. AND your grad party and vegan potluck was a blast.

    ReplyDelete