Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Big Chill

Any winter blues that I may have had were just wiped away by listening to my ALL TIME FAVORITE album in the WHOLE WORLD...The Big Chill Soundtrack. It doesn't get any better than this. I'll never forget walking to King Elementary School with my beloved Darah, Sarah Rogers, and Madeline Rogers with my dad driving our '78 Volkswagen Beetle 2 miles/hour right next to us, blasting this album and serenading us as his brown eyed girls. We were humiliated, of course, at the time but it has transformed into one of the best memories that we all have together. I love this life!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! Such a good way to cure the blues. That memory is truly a reason to love life. I have a lot of those with you, Maddy and Darah. The other album I recall him playing was Madonna's Immaculate Collection. Remember he used to put his coffee mug on the roof of the car to tease us?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya. We would scream through the windows in the breakfast room, "coffee on the roof, coffee on the roof". I really believed he forgot every time. What families we have. Remember the picnics in your backyard. Oh, and the potions. This could go on and on. Love you!

    ReplyDelete